Award Winning Program

University Pathway

Your Path to Higher Education

Ideal for ambitious students of all levels and backgrounds who want to access world-leading education in Canada. Acceptance to most of ILAC’s 85+ Pathway partner colleges and universities without IELTS and TOEFL.

Our Pathway Specialists Will Help You


They will find the perfect program at a university or college best suited for your goals.


They will help you discover new opportunities and programs you might not have known about.


They will provide you with a conditional letter of acceptance (LOA) from the partner university or college of your choice to apply for a study permit.


They will organize group or individual tours to partner colleges and universities.


They will provide ongoing support and academic counselling in many languages.


Most importantly, they will help you achieve academic success in Canada and will guide you in launching your professional career.

Hear It from Our Partners

“Working with ILAC has been very satisfactory for Capilano University. ILAC students come very well prepared for the challenging life of university. Many of them have become mentors of our new international students and have been a pleasure to have around.”
Cristian D. Cano
Manager of International Student Recruitment,
Capilano University
“The ILAC pathway partnership helps international students to discover all of the academic opportunities that education in Canada offers. Students receive advice and support from a very professional team that is well connected with the international office at Centennial."
Minerva Rojas-Garcia
International Admissions Officer,
Centennial College
“TRU recently measured the academic success of students from Pathway schools. The GPA of ILAC students was the highest among all TRU language Pathway schools, and in fact they scored higher than our general international population. Amazing work ILAC!”
ZiPing Feng
Director International Marketing,
Thompson Rivers

Is University Pathway for you?

English Level Admission
Requirements and Tuition Fees

how do i start?


Contact our Pathway Specialist at or your agent to help you build your study plan.


Begin the application process and submit required documentation
(we will support you every step of the way).


Obtain your Letter of Acceptance (LOA) and apply for a student visa/permit.

Meet Our University and College Partners

british columbia
saskatchewan & manitoba
new brunswick & nova scotia
northern canada

University Pathway FAQ

There are no additional fees for the University Pathway program. It is the same price as regular English courses. See prices for more information.

ILAC provides complimentary placement and counselling service for all students enrolled in our University Pathway program (minimum 8 weeks).
  • Students with Pre-Advanced level or higher may enter University Pathway program immediately.
  • Students can take our free Cambridge assessment test to determine their English level and decide on their study plan. If you wish to have your comprehensive test prior your arrival, please email
  • All students will take a written and oral test on their first day to confirm their current English level.
  • Students tested in Beginner to High Intermediate will be placed in General English first. Once they reach Pre-Advanced level, students can start the University Pathway program.

The University Pathway program is designed for students who:

  • Finished high school and are planning to enrol in an undergraduate program (Diploma or Bachelor’s degree) at a Canadian university or college.
  • Graduated from university and are planning to enrol in a postgraduate program.
  • Want to be prepared to meet Canada’s challenging higher education standards and be successful.
University Pathway students must start on the main start dates (every 2 weeks). Students in the General English program may start on either main or alternative start dates.

Please contact ILAC’s Pathway team at or your agent If you wish to take our free Cambridge assessment test prior your arrival. They will help you to calculate the length of your program based on your approximate English level.

Pathway specialists will help you to cancel the program and process the refund (if the tuition deposit has been paid).

Yes, you will receive an ILAC’s University Pathway certificate when you successfully complete the program. The University Pathway specialists will forward a copy of your certificate to the college or university of your choice as a proof of your English proficiency.

Most schools will allow you to defer your program for the next semester without any extra charges if you have not registered to any courses. Your Pathway specialist will help you with it.

Admission Requirements & Application Process FAQ

  • High school diploma from your home country (for Undergraduate Diplomas / Bachelor degrees)
  • Bachelor Degree from your home country (for Post-Graduate Certificate / diploma programs)
  • GPA: Minimum C average
  • Certificate of the ILAC University Pathway program OR Proof of English Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent)

Some programs have additional requirements – for more information check with our Pathway specialists.

  • High school diploma from your home country (for Bachelor degrees)
  • Bachelor Degree from your home country (for Master ‘s Degree Programs or Post- Graduate diploma programs)
  • GPA: Minimum B
  • Certificate of the ILAC University Pathway program OR Proof of English Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent)

Some programs have additional requirements – for more information check with our Pathway specialists.

It depends on the program and college / university chosen; some may require applying one year in advance. You should also consider the time you need to submit documents for long term student visa (study permit). We recommend applying for a college / university at least 4 months prior to coming to ILAC.
Once the University Pathway specialists have carefully assessed all your documents and send them directly to university / colleges, usually it will take 4-8 weeks to receive your conditional letter of acceptance. However, different application processing time varies from different colleges / universities.
Most of ILAC’s partner Schools require a non-refundable application fee, usually around $100-150. In BC, most schools require the first semester’s tuition as a deposit. Your Pathway specialist will guide you through the application process, deposit to be paid, and all necessary documents to be submitted for the college / university you have chosen.
  1. Contact ILAC’s pathway team at for a link to our free Cambridge assessment test.
  2. Enroll in the ILAC University Pathway program.
  3. Inform your agent or the Pathway specialists what program / area you are interested in studying at college and/or university.
  4. Choose your program of study and partner university / college with the assistance of your Pathway specialist. Fill out the International Application form, and submit it to the ILAC University Pathway Department.
  5. Email a copy of a translated and notarized diploma and/or transcripts of high school and/or university with other supporting documents, if required, to the Pathway specialists.
  6. The ILAC University Pathway specialists will help you complete all of the necessary paperwork to apply for ILAC’s partner colleges and/or universities of your choice.
  7. The ILAC University Pathway specialists will carefully assess all of your documents and send them to the universities and/or colleges on your behalf.

Work Permits FAQ

Working on campus: If you have a valid study permit, you are eligible to work on the campus of the institution you are currently enrolled.

Working off campus: You can work part-time during their academic program (20 hours per week) and full-time during winter, summer, and spring holidays. You can work in any occupation and change employers whenever you like.

If you are studying English as a second language you are not eligible to work during your program.

Other Programs FAQ

Gap Year is a program that offers a unique combination of English program and Canadian college / university experience. Gap Year allows students to complete one semester of English classes at ILAC and a second semester at a college or university campus in Toronto or Vancouver. Study alongside Canadian students at Thompson Rivers University, Douglas College, Niagara College, and LaSalle College – four extremely well-respected and popular educational institutions in Canada. The program is about 32 weeks in total.  For more details, contact us at

ILAC helps students prepare for MBA programs. Academically eligible students can take ILAC’s GMAT Preparation course. In this program, they can sharpen their verbal and quantitative skills, and gain proven test-taking strategies to score well on the GMAT.

Students can then enroll in the GMAT Preparation course with The Princeton Review, recognized as the leading GMAT preparation program. The course runs for 9 weeks and consists of one weekly three-hour class.

Students can take the course at the same time as our University Pathway program, either in the evening or on weekends. Students may also take the GMAT Preparation course immediately after finishing the University Pathway program.

High School Year is a part of the University Pathway program for students who have not completed high school in their home country. Students who need to upgrade their high school grades in order to apply to a college or university can also take this program. We recommend students to arrive in Canada at Grade 11 or Grade 12 for high school education.ILAC works with a partner high school in Toronto. Students can start high school courses full-time once reach ILAC’s English Level 12.  ILAC’s partner institution, Braemar College, is a boutique school in downtown Toronto with ESL programs designed for international students’ success. There are 5 start dates every year: September, November, February, April, and July.
Translate »