Canada has announced new entry and quarantine requirements for travellers arriving in Canada and ILAC is here to help you every step of the way.
Effective February 22, 2021 at 12 a.m. EST, in addition to providing a negative pre-departure COVID-19 test, all students arriving in Canada must take two COVID-19 molecular tests — one on arrival at the airport and another at-home test kit at the end of their quarantine period.
Before traveling to Canada, all students must also book and pay for a three-night stay in a government-authorized hotel to wait for the results of their first test.
The list of government approved hotels and booking information can be found here.
Before you leave for Canada
- Download the free ArriveCAN mobile app. ArriveCAN must be used prior to your arrival in Canada to provide mandatory contact details and quarantine plan information.
- Take a COVID-19 test 72 hours prior to your flight.
- Book your room at a government-authorized hotel for three nights by calling:
1-800-294-8253 (toll-free within North America)
1-613-830-2992 (collect outside North America)
- If flying into Toronto, pre-register for your COVID-19 Testing at Toronto Pearson before you leave your country.
When you arrive in Canada
- Complete your COVID-19 test at the airport.
- Proceed immediately from the airport to your reserved government-authorized accommodation. ILAC will arrange for your safe transportation to your hotel. You must stay at the hotel for three nights or until you receive your test result.
- Receive your results from your arrival COVID-19 test and proceed to your pre-arranged ILAC accommodation for the remainder of your 14-day mandatory quarantine.
Visit the Canadian Government website for more information about boarding flights to and within Canada and travel restrictions in Canada.
At ILAC, we are committed to helping you through the above process to ensure you have a safe and comfortable experience. Please contact your ILAC representative to arrange your personalized arrival and quarantine plan in Canada.