We are getting ready to re-open ILAC campuses in Vancouver and Toronto in a socially distant, responsible way.
ILAC has an active COVID-19 committee that has been managing the situation since March and we are working to ensure a safe and healthy reopening. The committee includes members from both Toronto and Vancouver made up of human resources, academics, facilities and consulting health experts.
- ILAC will move to a blended learning model consisting of both online and in-person classes
- ILAC KISS classes will continue and in-person classes will be optional
- Physical classes will be offered in Toronto and Vancouver with 3-4 students in a class
- In-person classes will be offered twice a week and will gradually move to 5 days per week as we monitor the situation in Canada
- Thermometers for taking student/employee temperatures at the main entrance
- Social distancing inside all schools and classrooms
- Masks will be provided to all students – we have 5000 in stock and 30,000 ordered
- Students will be required to wear masks at all times
- Medical grade air filters, (HEPA Filtration Units) as used by dentists and medical clinics, 180 in stock and 1 for each classroom and common areas which clean the air 4 times per hour
- Hand sanitizers at all entrances and in stock
- Regular hand-washing protocol (signage across the building)
- Disinfection through fogging and misting
- Face shields for employees in high traffic areas and for teachers
- Nurses on-campus to monitor all procedures are being followed correctly
- Vancouver will allow for a maximum of 50 people per floor as per city guidelines (no information for Toronto yet)
Isolation Measures for New Arrivals:
- Dedicated homestay families willing to quarantine new arrivals in both Toronto and Vancouver
- Securing hotels that are setting up for self-quarantine
Expected Reopening Dates:
- Vancouver will reopen first, we are optimistic about beginning Phase 1 in July
- Toronto will reopen at the end of the summer, August or September
ILAC COVID-19 Committee Members:
- Magda Link
- Ilan Cohen
- Olga Kuznetsova
- Angela Johnston
- Itai Shenker
- Veronika Yaroslavtseva
- Paula Fajardo
- Dylan Matter
- Milan Petrovich
- Wendy Mohammed
We look forward to bringing ILAC students back to our physical school, which is such an important part of their experience in Canada. However, to ensure that everyone feels comfortable, all on-campus classes will be optional and ILAC KISS will continue to be offered full-time and in all time zones.
We are monitoring the situation closely and are being proactive in all of our efforts to re-open in a safe, healthy and responsible way.
For more information, please contact the ILAC representative for your region.